© 2013 | All Rights Reserved
ABT Performing Arts Association, Inc.
An Arizona 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
Arizona Broadway Theatre is accepting non-equity submissions immediately
for the following roles in its upcoming 2015-2016 season:
WEST SIDE STORY (Week of Sept. 21 – Nov. 15, 2015)
Tony - A romantic young man and former leader of the Jets, he has found a new lifestyle now. Tony finds himself violently torn between his friendships and his love for Maria. Genuinely sweet and sincere.
Male, plays 22-30
Maria - Bernardo's sister, a hopeless romantic and innocent young girl. She falls in love with Tony and finds herself at the center of the violent conflict between the two gangs.
Female, Puerto Rican, plays 18-22
Bernardo - Maria's brother and Anita's boyfriend, leader of the Sharks gang, a proud, strong, handsome man. Bernardo seeks to carve out territory as a sense of identity for himself and his friends. Strong dancer/singer.
Male, Puerto Rican, plays 25-35
Anita - Bernardo's girlfriend and Maria's friend, feisty and assertive. She dispenses "older sister" advice to Maria and tries to shield her from the dangers of the gangs. Extremely strong dancer/singer.
Female, Puerto Rican, plays 22-30
Audition sides may be found at http://azbroadway.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=171.
* * * * *
ABT is a professional non-equity dinner theatre that hires talent nationwide for its fully staged musicals. Equity actors are considered for certain roles, which will be listed as such in audition notices. ABT is not a participating EMC theatre.
Arizona Broadway Theatre is always looking for passionate, driven students to join our team and learn about the world of performing arts. ABT currently welcomes a variety of interns from communications to props. Students may apply for one of three available sessions with each application (fall, spring and summer). When submitting your application, please also include your resume.
After completing your application, please send the form to the appropriate staff member below:
Salary: Competitive - Plus Benefits (DOE)
Reports To: Marketing Director
Hours of work: Full Time 40 to 45 Weekly
Education: BA or BS in Marketing Preferred
Coordinates and assists with the marketing department's online and print advertising. Coordinator will also help with direct mailing, printing, customer events and show premieres/performances. A bachelor's degree with 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area is preferred. Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within marketing is needed and the ability to navigate social media is required. Candidate must have a keen understanding of marketing budgets and some graphic art experience. This position will perform a variety of tasks; the major ones are listed under duties. Candidate also works under general supervision, but must be a self-starter.
- Place Ad buys as needed per show and manage related budget tracking
- Track ad buys and ad clippings
- Help manage social media campaigns
- Manage and execute projects designated by the Marketing Director
- Help with graphic duties: Web, print and ad layout when needed
- Work with Audience Development Team to build campaigns and promotions
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive trends and regularly informing PR and marketing of noteworthy news items and opportunities
- Help coordinate industry events, including show openings, special events and group activities
- Work with other departments as needed to help promote the company's brand, its products and services
- Track current marketing successes and failures
- Work with Audience Development Team to develop and refine measurement.
- Be part of the conversation revolving around Marketing and PR strategies for the different shows
- Admin duties as needed for the audience development team
- Communication and scheduling with vendors, designers and other creatives
- Knowledge of MAC O.S. & some PC
- Basic understanding of the Adobe Create Suite
- Microsoft Office Software
- Social media posting and scheduling (all platforms)
- Must be able to work independently
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written (AP Style preferred)
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines
- Intense attention to detail with accuracy and consistency
- Moderate computer and software skills for basic data entry
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people
- Strong presentation skills
- A Plus: Experience with
- Google analytics
- Social analytics
- Media relations and related content strategy
Patron Service Associate
Pay: DOEArizona Broadway Theatre, an award-winning dinner theatre in Greater Phoenix, has immediate openings for part-time Patron Service Associates. Qualified candidates should have experience working in customer service and sales. This position requires self-starters who are highly organized, personable and interested in advancing as part of an energetic and fast paced theatrical company.
Educational requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Hours-Weekdays, evenings and weekend shifts.
When submitting your information, please answer one of the three questions listed below:
1) What about your personality and skill-set would benefit Arizona Broadway Theatre, and why?
2) What is your experience with theatre or any performing arts organization?
3) What is your favorite musical and why?
Arizona Broadway Theatre enriches lives through the power of the performing arts by producing live theatre and other high quality entertainment.
No Phone Calls Please
ABT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To download an Employment Application, click HERE.