© 2015 | All Rights Reserved
ABT Performing Arts Association, Inc.
An Arizona 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
ABT PERFORMING ARTS ASSOCIATION, INC. (Arizona Broadway Theatre) PHILANTHROPIC DONATION POLICY
Organizations that desire ticket donations from ABT:
1. The requesting organization must be classified as a public charity and exempt from federal taxes under 501(c )(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or be an accredited educational institution. Donations will not be made to individuals under any circumstances.
2. The requesting organization must not be affiliated with political issues or parties, nor may an event be primarily associated with a political candidate, party, or issues.
3. The requesting organization must submit its appeal for a donation in writing through the United States Postal Service (no faxed or emailed requests will be considered) on the organization’s formal letterhead.
4. ALL of the following information must be included with the request:
a. Name of the organization
b. Organization’s nonprofit tax ID number
c. Contact name and title of the individual at the organization
d. Contact phone number
e. Contact email address
f. Address to which a donation may be mailed
g. Title and description of the event
h. Date, time and place of the event
i. Expected attendance
j. Specific details about how the donation will be awarded (silent auction, live auction, etc.)
k. Available opportunities to promote Arizona Broadway Theatre at the event
l. How ABT will be recognized for its donation, and
m. Deadline for inclusion in recognition opportunities
5. The requesting organization must submit the request at least 45 days in advance of the date the donation is required to ensure adequate time to review, process, and deliver an approved donation in a timely manner. Requests are date stamped, placed in a queue, and processed in the order in which they are received. Unfortunately, if the deadline is missed, the theatre will be unable to process the request. There can be no exceptions.
6. The requesting organization should mail the request to:
Committee for Philanthropic Donations
Arizona Broadway Theatre
7701 W. Paradise Lane
Peoria AZ 85382
7. If approved, the requesting organization will receive an in-kind donation only. The theatre will not make an outright monetary contribution. The standard in-kind contribution is a gift certificate redeemable for tickets to a Mainstage or Theatre for Young Audiences production, and the gift certificate will expire on the last date of the production for which the tickets are provided. The certificate must be redeemed in person at the Box Office or by faxing the certificate to the theatre. Seating is subject to availability. The gift certificate is not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied to any events after the expiration date. ABT will select the production and provide the financial value for the donation.
8. The requesting organization is limited to one request per calendar year.
9. The requesting organization must be located within Maricopa County and proceeds from the fundraising event must remain in Maricopa County.
10. The requesting organization must use the ABT donation for fundraising purposes only. Additional restrictions may apply.
As a not-for profit organization, ABT has strict financial considerations and may be unable to fulfill every request if the budget for philanthropic donations has been met. ABT will make every effort to respond promptly to any organization making a request once the budget is met or if the request falls outside the policy parameters.
We are unable to respond to phone calls or emails that request donations or make an attempt to follow up on requests.
Thank you for considering Arizona Broadway Theatre as a valuable partner in your fundraising activities. Best of luck in all of your fundraising endeavours!
- Ellen Versen, Development Director